02 December 2008

My First Boyfriend

He was 16 yrs. old and I was 14 when we first met. He noticed me from the Burger King counter as he was giving out “those shakes with them fries” and I was spending my typical Friday night looping around the mall. He was tall and skinny with bright eyes and the cutest smile. He impressed me enough that I let him drive me home, (I’m sure his black Audi also had something to do with it). 

We spent several months making out in before I made the decision to give up my virginity.  Remarkably, it wasn’t because I loved him, in fact if I had to rate my feelings for him on a scale of 1-10, and 10 was being in love then my feelings were about a 7.  He was sweet, equally innocent despite his skewed bravado and I thought he would be the perfect person to experience my first time with.

I still can’t believe at 15 yrs. old, I had the fortitude to call my mother and ask her to take me to the doctor’s for birth control. I guess you could say between my selection process and my formulated plan, this was the beginning of my life as a closet freak.

We lasted for about 4 years which included a few break-ups but we never spent more than 3 months apart. He even proposed and bought me a decent engagement ring during our last year together but it came to end when I realized that I needed to explore and I didn't want to settle with my first amongst other things.

I've seen in him only a handful of times since we broke up. He's now a father and although not married, he's been with the same girl for many years.

No comments:

Post a Comment